Get Involved

Community Free Clinic > Get Involved

How can YOU help?

There are MANY ways in which you can help the Community Free Clinic maintain services to our families, friends and neighbors.


Many people volunteer to work in the Front Office doing clerical work. Others volunteer as Medical Assistants. Certainly Nurses and Providers are ALWAYS welcome to volunteer to care for our patients. Contact Us if you would like more information.

The Dan McDougal Endowment Fund.

Prior to losing his courageous battle with ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease), Dan McDougal M.D. desired to see an endowment established for the Community Free Clinic in order to secure the future of our ability to provide care. Monetary donations can be made specifically for this endowment.


Throughout the year, the Community Free Clinic holds many community and civic fund raising events including the highly anticipated Potter’s Bowl and MUDD Volleyball Tournament. Check out our Fundraising & Events page for upcoming opportunities.


We accept donations of office materials, cleaning supplies, etc. In addition, we can accept donated medical supplies such as gauze, tape and similar medical equipment. Due to federal regulations, we can no longer accept donated prescription medicines. Financial donations are certainly welcome. We rely heavily on monetary donations from the community. You can send donations to our mailing address or make a secure donation through the PayPal option below.

How is the Clinic funded?

The Community Free Clinic is NOT State or Federally funded.

Our financial support comes from:

  • Individual contributions
  • Patient donations (accepted but never required)
  • Many various Fund Raisers
  • Gifts/grants from local churches and civic organizations
  • Grants from Washington County Gaming Commission
  • Grants from Washington County Hospital Association
  • United Way of Washington County
  • City of Hagerstown
  • Washington County Commissioners
  • Grants from other private foundations
  • Corporate giving

Ready to help?